The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office only accepts applications for employment when vacancies exist. Submitted applications are actively kept on file for one year and only considered if a position is available. The application process for sworn and non-sworn personnel is as follows:
- Submit a completed application (PDF), typed resume, and notary page by mail or in person at:
7502 Justice Drive
Gloucester, VA 23061
- Applications must be completed in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- An initial check will be made of your criminal history, driving record, and credit. Please review the appointment criteria and job requirement descriptions.
- Applicants may be contacted for a panel interview. This is a question and answer session comprised of members of the office. Successful candidates move on to the next phase.
- Background investigation by a Criminal Investigator and a check of listed and non-listed references.
- Polygraph examination.
- Staff reviews of top applicants and a conditional offer of employment.
- Medical examination and drug screening.
- Psychological examination.
- New employee start date.
The Gloucester County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A separate application is required for each position. Employment applications may also be obtained by visiting the lobby of the Gloucester County Sheriff's Office.
For notification when positions become available, please sign up for our Sheriff's Office News via email.
|911 Communications Dispatcher (Part-Time)
||Open until filled
|Twenty-Four hours a week / Over $17 an hour - see below for job description
|Deputy Sheriff / Corrections
||Closes Feb 22, 2019
|$35,802 to $39,402 depending on qualifications, plus additional pay for college degree holders.